I installed on a fresh machine with Anaconda, and I didn't have to set any
environment variables at all ... everything needed was done by the Anaconda
installer.   My guess is that you have some leftover settings (environment
vars? registry?) from your earlier attempts with Enthought or whatever and
it is screwing things up.

On Monday, January 27, 2014 2:09:54 PM UTC-5, Rajn wrote:

> Yes, I did both.
> I tried just PYTHONHOME=C:\Anaconda
> did not work.
>
> Can you please advice me on the following please?
> 1. that while installing pyplot, the PYTHONHOME variable should already be
> set?
> 2. is there any way to print out variables from PyCall.jl? If I can print
> the variable 'lib' to what it is printing? According to the error displayed
> it occurs when it looks for the library directory.
> I tried to force it to "python27.dll" but I am always getting the same
> error no matter what.
> 3. what should I try in pyinitialize("?") - should it be python27? Tried
> it but did not work.

Try pyinitialize("C:\Anaconda\python"), or whatever the name of your
executable is; you could also try giving it the DLL location directly, i.e.
pyinitialize("C:\Anaconda\python27.dll")