On Monday, January 27, 2014 3:57:50 PM UTC-5, Rajn wrote:

> Ok, I got it now to run it without using PyCall and pyinitialize.
>
> I just changed PyCall line where ENV variable is set i.e.,
>
> changed from [ENV] = @windows exec_prefix: preconfigvar(...,"prefix") etc
> [ENV] = exec_prefix

Wait, what?  You changed

     ENV["PYTHONHOME"] = @windows? exec_prefix : pyconfigvar(python,
"prefix") * ":" * exec_prefix

     ENV["PYTHONHOME"] = exec_prefix

?? But on Windows (where @windows is true), those two lines should be
exactly equivalent!  Did I misunderstand you?

--SGJ

PS. I just tried a fresh Windows 8.1 x64 machine.  Installed Anaconda
(64-bit), installed Julia 0.2 (64-bit), ran Pkg.add("PyPlot");
Pkg.add("IJulia") in julia, and then ran "ipython notebook --profile julia"
at the Windows command prompt.   Everything seems to work fine, no patches
required.