Hi Jon,

No -- I pull julia via git on github, and compile by hand every few days.
 I've symlinked ~/bin/julia to the directory that I compile julia into, so
julia is in my path.

On 10.9, the "native" option is Clang, which works fine..  I've been able
to dodge gcc (gnu) for all system dependencies so far.  Homebrew seems to
handle a lot of lib conflicts pretty well, unless you tap some obvious ones
or do some forcing.

Cameron