I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, but if you have a long list
of data and want to compute a moving average, then it suffices to convolve
your data with a box function. The Fourier convolution theorem says that
you can do this using Fourier transforms, so if you really want to avoid
using a loop, you can instead compute a smoothed version of your data using
the built-in rfft and irfft functions.
See http://www.dspguide.com/ch6/2.htm for more info, and look for an
intro-level digital signal processing course, as that would definitely
explain smoothing data in detail.