I know there's been a lot of discussion [here](
https://github.com/JuliaStats/Roadmap.jl/issues/11) in the past, though not
very recently. I would imagine there would be even more willing to
participate in pushing things forward at this point (myself included). I'd
say chiming in there would most likely get some great response.

-Jacob