>"Mixed operations involving decimal and binary floating-point or integer
types are supported (the result is promoted to decimal floating-point)."

>Is that really advised?

I meant for binary only. Mixing with integer is ok.

Another idea. Mixing ok, but promoting to binary. Subsequent calculations
will not be slow :) Con, why start with decimal in the first place?

Another idea, can convertions be disabled by default (get runtime
errors/exceptions) and you could enable them if you want globally? Not sure
if that works or has to do with macros.. Runtime penalty?

--
Palli.