I have re-implemented a number of them. The better double-double libraries
are very good +,-,*,^, exp, slightly less so with /; I found some trig lsbs
to be wiggly.

I mapped triple-double basics and quad-double algorithms into a triplet
cooperative, used internally to assure the manifold smoothness.