On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Gabriel Gellner <gabrielgell...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Maybe all this is just transitional that soon LinSpace objects will always
> work like Arrays in all code I might use as an end user. Currently as a new
> user I have not had this experience. I have noticed that LinSpaces where
> returned, and had to learn what they were and at times run `collect` to
> make them into what I wanted. I have not felt this abstraction bleed yet in
> other areas of Julia.

I think this is exactly what's happening. The LinSpace type is hitting code
that should be abstracted in a lot of places but hasn't yet been. You'd get
the exact same issues if you'd passed a FloatRange object into those
functions. So the LinSpace type is really doing us all a favor by forcing
more Julia libraries to the right level of abstraction.