> A related discussion is about a special Ones type representing an array
> of 1, which would allow efficient generic implementations of
> (non-)weighted statistical functions:
> https://github.com/JuliaStats/StatsBase.jl/issues/135
>
> But regarding zeros(), there might not be any compelling use case to
> return a special type. Anyway, if arrays are changed to initialize to
> zero [1], that function go could away entirely

lol never thought of this kind of special case. You could simply have a
"SameVector" object that just stores the value and the length. * + - ^
would be easy to define and the space/(# of operations) savings could be
massive ;). With this you would have no need to special case zeros(n)
either just have it return a SameVector with value 0. We could even
generalize it to "BlockVector" for sequences of same values storing start
and stop locations.