Great!

I just removed all of /usr/local/Cellar, did a full 'brew install julia’, but
it still fails.

Will file an issue.

Regards,
Rob

> On Nov 9, 2015, at 1:15 PM, DNF <oyv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Monday, November 9, 2015 at 10:14:24 PM UTC+1, DNF wrote:
> Thanks a lot. That indeed works.
>
> Oh, and by "that", I mean installing the Julia 0.4.1 app.

On Nov 9, 2015, at 12:56 PM, Rob J. Goedman <goed...@icloud.com> wrote:

Hi DNF,

Those instructions (if they help in all cases) only work if you build Julia
yourself by cloning the Julia git repository. You have installed julia via
homebrew.
Unfortunately that route doesn’t work for me:

```
rob$ /usr/local/bin/julia
Illegal instruction: 4
```

I expect that maybe this problem is due to older stuff left behind somewhere
(/usr/local/Cellar?).

Just now I installed Julia 0.4.1 from julialang.org/downloads
<http://julialang.org/downloads> and then moved the Julia-0.4.1.app to
/Applications (after double clicking the Julia disk). That gave me simd without
any problems. Maybe you could try that route?

Regards,
Rob