Right, but perhaps that prior about "I'm probably not the first person ever to
have thought about this" could be bumped up a notch or two. I'm not saying
there aren't things that need fixing (there are many, it's why julia is still
being actively developed), but at this stage julia is not brand new and there
are relatively few things that haven't been given careful consideration. Many
of your questions can be answered by searching old mailing list posts.

If you try implementing one of your ideas yourself, that might also give you
further insight about how feasible/desirable it is. In some cases you will
remain convinced it's a great idea, in which case a pull request is called
for; in others, you'll gain better insight into the structure of what exists
already.

Best,
--Tim