Hi Jeff,

> If your remote workers are remotely local invocations of Julia and in the
environment JULIA_NUM_THREADS has been preset, then the remote workers will
be using that many threads

I tried it, and at least when the workers are started via SSH (using
addprocs([host1, ...])), that doesn't seem to be the case, JULIA_NUM_THREADS
doesn't seem to be passed on. It would actually be very helpful to be able
to forward (or explicitly set) environment variables for remote workers.

Cheers,

Oliver