It depends what you want to do. Julia's base language doesn't include
logical reasoning. If you want to translate a Prolog program into Julia,
you can get away with `if x then y`, but if you want to implement logical
reasoning, then you need to build some machinery yourself. I would use
types

immutable Implication
   precondition
   consequence
end

immutable And
   condition1
   condition2

then (a && b) => c becomes Implication(And(:a, :b), :c)

Then I would define functions to perform backward-chaining. Julia is quite
nice for this kind of thing, because of multiple dispatch.

Then of course, you'll need unification/matching for variables, but that's
not too hard to write either. Read carefully Artificial Intelligence: A
modern approach, and try to implement its pseudocode in Julia. Write a lot
of tests to make sure that it works correctly, then slowly move up from
there. It takes a lot of time to learn mathematics; there are no short-cuts.

Cédric