Dear Patrick,

Basically Transifex got us covered there, it has a nifty feature called
transifex live which automatically extracts and updates the string database
in the correct way, all the translators have to do is fiddle around with
the web interface to get used to it, and start translating and reviewing! :D

Transifex live demo:

   - https://www.transifex.com/live_demo

Transifex live documentation:

   - http://docs.transifex.com/live

You can see here the relevant issue and pull request for adding this into
the Julia web page, they include lots of technical details about how this
all works:

   - https://github.com/JuliaLang/julialang.github.com/issues/187
   - https://github.com/JuliaLang/julialang.github.com/pull/252

As always if you have any doubt, please don't hesitate to ask and I will
try to answer all your questions.

Cheers,
Ismael Venegas Castelló