Geoffrey,

On Thursday 01 February 2007 13:06, Geoffrey G Roy wrote:
> Finally working, yes- you need to ALL jars to the classpath.   It should
> be made clear that the exe version of OpenJUMP cannot be used as the
> classpath seems to be locked away somewhere.  I must use the batch file
> suitable edited.  This is a issue previously raised with regard to the
> next release.

I added this hint to the INSTALL.txt file.

> Some brief comments on the PrintLayout plugin:
>
>    1. It would be useful to allow for landscape/portrait sheets of paper

Ugo mentioned this already. I added this as a feature wish to TODO.txt.

>    2. Printing on multiple sheets is for me essential as I do not have a
>       large format printer, in this case we need to see the page
>       boundaries so that appropriate page layouts can be made.

I am not sure whether this is doable or how complex it would be.
Thats why I mentioned earlier that your plugin can not be replaced
by PrintLayout as yours offers other interesting features.

>    3. Importing the Map does not import embedded raster layers.  I
>       notice that you can import a raster image separately but there may
>       be problems with alignment - but more importantly the last import
>       is not transparent so it completely blocks out the underlying
>       image (assuming that we have a map drawing on top of the image).

hm, this seems to be a bug.

>    4. For most practical applications it is important to be able to
>       produce a scaled drawing on paper, often at some nice rounded
>       value (like 1: 10000)

I added this to TODO.txt.

>    5. Instead of using an built-in PDF converter I find using a print
>       driver (like PDF995) most effective for saving printed images all
>       nicely set out.  This driver will also produce multi-page outputs.

I added this idea as well to TODO.txt.

Thanks

        Jan

--