Stefan,

How is you thesis going? I hope well.

You wrote: "And you may remember that i send a link around where somebody
did
compare svn and cvs, and according to this person there is no clear
advantage for either system."

I think there is some small advantages to SVN, at least on the
administration side. As I mentioned, you don't have to go through
SourceForge people to make certain changes to the repository. These benefits
aren't major, so I'm not going to push this too hard...

You wrote: "for me the main reason not to switch is the need of time for
configuring
and seeing how svn runs
so i - for now - stay with cvs"

You are correct in this resepect. I don't want the move to SVN to be a
problem for our developers. I thought perhaps they had already learned to
use Subversion on other projects. I will raise this issue again in a few
more months. As more of our developers learn to use SVN I think the switch
will be easier and make more sense.

Thanks for taking the time to add your input on this.

The Sunburned Surveyor

On 4/14/07, Sunburned Surveyor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Stefan