Hi ede,

>why would it be removed?

I was referring to the OGR API adding a level of abstraction above the
actual FGDB C++ API, but still being not a Java API.

>i still like the idea of having an interface that uses geotools mechanisms
to load data. that would automatically enable oj users to use all gt2
datastores. opinions?

I like using geotools too.  If they implement a FGDB datastore that has read
and write access, it should be the preferred method.

Larry