I have done a basic port of the Orthogonalize plugin from SkyJUMP to
OpenJUMP.  Orthogonalize is a tool (currently on the right click menu) that
squares up selected building polygons. Orthogonalization is the process of
fixing polygons and multipolygons whose interior angles are close, but not
exactly 90 degrees.  An angle tolerance parameter controls what we mean by
not exactly.  You have the option of fixing in place on the source layer,
or to a new layer.  Stefan looked at this tool a few years ago.

The tool is dependent on another function: Copy Select Elements to New
Layer.  I ported it too.  Some enhancement of the GeoUtils class was
necessary.

No internationalization has currently been done, but all messages are
collected at the top of the source.

I'm cross-posting this to the developers list.  @Developers: What do you
think is the appropriate action?  Just commit it or make a new plugin
hosted on jump-pilot?

@Arnd, the KLM support is another story.  Michael had a look at it a few
months back.  As I recall, the coordinate translation to geographic
projection is the issue.

regards,

Larry