When the Layer Properties was introduced in SkyJUMP, it was inspired by the
Windows explorer Properties option, which shows you static information such
as file size, but also lets you change some things such as read only or
shared status for one file or an entire selection.  It wasn't envisioned as
an alternative to Change Style, but as a way to modify multiple layer's
differing styles at the same time.  As such its scope is limited to style
parameters that can be varied continuously over a set range.

I just had a look at the new Style submenu.  I like it!  For this menu I
would think a new feature called something like "Multilayer Change Style"
or "Change Style Batch" would be nice.  It would enable only when multiple
layers are selected, display the standard Change Style dialog, and allow
editing of all selected layers at once.  The tricky part to implement would
be that it seems polite to grey (dim) all style attributes that had
differing values (as a warning).

Larry