Hi,

I agree that it is logically good that non-visible layer is not editable
because I can't imagine a real world use case where it would be better to
create features without seeing the other features of the layer. However,
sometimes it is useful to switch the layer off and have a look under the
existing lines and polygons which are covering the background. Now turning
layer non-visible turns it also into non-editable and user must re-activate the
edit mode.  I am not sure if this automatic switch to non-editable is an
improvement or not. With the current default "only one editable layer at a
time" the risk to digitize features into a non-visible layer by accident is not
so big because of the radio button behavior. If user starts to edit some other
layer the non-visible layer turns into non-editable anyway.

-Jukka Rahkonen-