On 01.09.2018 10:43, Michaël Michaud wrote:
> Hi Ede,
>
> If we do not include jaxb in the future, we'll also have to remove
> SetAttribute extension
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/OpenJUMP_plugins/More%20Plugins/SetAttributes%20PlugIn/

ok. or rework both ;)

> I think that removing these extensions is not an urgent matter if it only
> hurts java12 which is not yet official.
> Let's keep it at least until the next OJ release.

i didn't try but read that it was removed in _java 11_ already. the startup
scripts are now modified accordingly.

> Note that currently (1.13), we have 277 downloads for PLUS version and only
> 16 for CORE.

only natural as PLUS is our default download since some time.

> My understanding is that most users want features and don't mind too much
> about size. Despite this,
> I think that keeping the CORE as light as possible makes sense, but applying
> the same diet to PLUS distro
> is just a way to condemn excluded extensions to oblivion as we have no
> extension manager.

that's probably true, still i'd advise to apply some discipline, if at all
possible, because we know of the sizes of the other JUMP clones (even minus
shipped jre's) and we probably really do not want to end up there.

still, in the end we are a project of volunteers and i will accept the vote of
a majority of contributors :).. let's see what Jukka has to say. still waiting
for him to chime in.

..ede