There was a recent presentation ( http://www.secdev.org/conf/ IPv6_RH_security-csw07.pdf ) on how IPv6 routing headers can be used as a DDOS tool - essentially you could take an entire 1280 byte packet and fill it with routing headers specifying that a packet should keep bouncing back and forth between two hosts. They were able to take 4mbps of upload bandwidth from one host, and cause two routers to consume 150mbps of bandwidth bouncing a packet back and forth. It gets worse with larger MTUs. :)
Is there anything like "set chassis no-source-route" but for IPv6 that will tell the router to ignore routing headers in IPv6 packets? I know the firewall can match on packets with "from next-header routing-header", but it looks like some hosts are generating them to force their next-hop to be changed. I don't care if packets come in with them, I just want our routers to ignore them. Any ideas? -- Kevin _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

