On Apr 24, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Pekka Savola wrote: > On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Kevin Oberman wrote: >>> Kevin, >>> >>> Slide 20 of the presentation states that RH processing can not be >>> deavtivat> ed on Juniper routers. Not sure whether that applies to >>> JunOS, JunosE or bo> th. >>> >>> Cheers, >>
I realize the slide said that, but I was curious if anyone had indeed found a way to disable it that those authors were unaware of. There are a lot of hidden/undocumented commands in junos, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a "set chassis no-source-route-v6" or something that i'm just not aware of. Or, if someone from Juniper could pipe in with a "We're working on it for the next release" sorta thing. :) > > Well, given that RH0 processing only happens at the RE, filtering out > all RH messages at the lo0 inet6 input should also fix this. This may not be a good fix. Apparently some workstations are generating RH0 headers on packets (probably without the knowledge of their operators), just to get the packet out of their own network. I don't want to block all packets with RH, just not act on them. The header isn't stripped out of the packet after the last host using it processes it, so we're going to see the RH headers even when people are using them legitimately. While I think the idea itself is somewhat flawed, I don't want to deny access to our sites to anyone who is using them, intentionally or not - what I think you're proposing would break connectivity for any packets with RH present...? - Kevin _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

