Hi, I've experienced something at least slightly similar. We have VC pairs of EX4200s as campus distribution, acting as the default gateways for end-user subnets ranging from /27s to (in one case) a /21, also with OSPF + OSPFv3 and LAGs down to access switches.
The symptoms I've seen most often are different to yours: one of the VCs will suddenly stop responding on ARP/NDP requests from some users' PCs any time after two weeks of uptime. Digging in the pfe shows that the affected PCs have nhdb entries in the "hold" state. (The other VCs also do the same thing, though much less regularly.) Rebooting the master fixes the problem -- for another two weeks. I've experienced the same thing while running JUNOS 10.4R9, 11.1R2, and 12.1R1. However, on one occasion pfem crashed and left a core dump, as you've described. pfem restarted and traffic returned to normal within a minute or two. JTAC analysed the core dump resulting in PR790201, for which a fix is in recent releases of 12.x: https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR790201 JTAC have now told me that both sets of symptoms are addressed by that fix. I've deployed 12.1R4 on the worst-affected VC and it's now at 28 days uptime without incident. I'm not celebrating yet because our university is still on summer vacation so network usage is lower than normal, but so far so good.... -- David Siebörger [email protected] _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

