On Thu, 15 Jan 2015, Mark Tees wrote:

For me on an MX80 running 11.4R13 with samlping that 10 minute equates to:

- around 3mins of rpd + sampling taking turns to smash the routing
engine CPU whilst seeming allowing other things to still be scheduled
in (phew).
- another 7mins of sampling chewing the CPU

I get similar behavior across several MX80s on various 11.4 builds with sampling enabled. Pretty much anything that causes rpd to walk the entire RIB leads to this, including policy updates that produce no changes toward the PFEs. I watched sampled take well over 20 minutes to settle down after one of those today, and the RE was basically useless for the duration...

-Rob