On 03/07/2015 01:45, Ben Dale wrote:
Always use loopbacks - if the link goes down (or the preceding node), the destination of the LSP goes with it - Junos will not maintain prefixes for downed interfaces. You mention this being a ring - if you target the LSP to a loopback, your IGP will provide an alternative path after a failure.
Sometimes it is a feature - more than once I have come across a request for "if it fails, it fails" type of service meaning cheap nonresilient connection. And LSPs destined to link IPs and coupled with strict EROs fit such requirement nicely, but I digress...
HTH
Thanks
Alex