On 9/Jul/15 16:59, Adam Vitkovsky wrote:
> Right but I guess the main advantage of 9922 and 9912 is that the switch
> fabric is modular so one can grow/upgrade until the backplane becomes
> obsolete.
> But on 9904 the fabric seem to be integrated on the RSP so it's the same as
> 9k10 or 9k6 but yes the fabric is faster indeed.

And the ASR99xx will take more of the upcoming line cards that get released.

> Can't find the number now but while searching I did find it's actually 55 to
> 60Gbps switch capacity so that makes it directly comparable with ASR920 (the
> 1.5RU) -but no redundancy (though the MX104 redundancy is somewhat crippled
> by the common switch-fabric -whereas ASR903 has separate RP/SW-fabric)

Well, the ASR920 can only hold 20,000 IPv4 entries in FIB. So the MX104,
with the ability to do a full table, beats it there.

But then again, that is why the ASR920 is better-priced for such a role.
Hard to compete with that.

Mark.