Thanks everyone for your input.

Does the mx80 support all the mpls L3vpn and L2vpn things I mentioned ?

Aaron

From: Mark Tinka [mailto:mark.ti...@seacom.mu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:41 AM
To: Phil Bedard; Ivan Ivanov; Aaron
Cc: Juniper List
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Cisco ME3600 migration to something with more 10 gigports

On 14/Jul/15 14:24, Phil Bedard wrote:

Yeah the PTX1K is a 2.88 Tbps box with 28 100G ports, not exactly comparable to
a ACX or ASR920 in ports or pricing.  :)  Cisco doesn't really have anything
comparable to it at the moment. The ACX or MX80 is what Juniper has that
competes with the ASR920.

Except the MX80 is too bit and too pricey, even with the license-based variants.

The ACX5000 was a reasonable attempt, but that Broadcom chipset is a liability.
As always, Juniper continue to drop the ball on this, and let all that Metro-E
business go to Cisco, Brocade and others. When will they learn? I'm done
beating that horse...

Mark.