QFX5100 are good as L2 devices for aggregation, we use them in virtual-chassis. But be careful with planning any L3 services on them. First, don't put public IPs on them because TCAM for filters is tiny and programmed in a tricky for understanding way. As a result everything that doesn't fit in TCAM is silently allowed. We observed that lo0 filters were "bypassed" this way and switch was exposed to continuous brute-force attack. Second thing I can recall is that MPLS works only on physical interfaces, not irb. And finally I had very mixed results when tried to PIM multicast routing between irb interfaces and have to give up and pass L2 to a router, didn't try it on physical ports though.

Kind regards,
Andrey Kostin