Hi On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 03:51:22PM -0600, Chris Adams wrote: > Now we're trying to pass the feed through a VLAN to a new connection > through a switch (a VLAN on a trunk from our router to a VLAN on another > trunk to the transport carrier), but we're not sure how to get the > switch to pass the traffic. I guess there's something we need to > configure static on the switch, but I don't know what.
"just passing through multicast" (as in "same VLAN") should not need
any special configuration.
OTOH, at least EX3300 like to eat multicast unless you turn off
IGMP snooping ("delete protocols igmp-snooping") - which, annoyingly,
is on-by-default.
Without any "smarts" in the switch, multicast is just like broadcast.
gert
--
now what should I write here...
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected]
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

