On 11. april 2018 11:31, Saku Ytti wrote:

On 11 April 2018 at 04:31, Chris via juniper-nsp
<juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net> wrote:

Since the MX104 has user replacable RE's I really wish Juniper would at
least offer a different option with a more beefy CPU/RAM but I don't think
that would ever happen...
I think JNPR believes MX204 is the 'next gen MX104'. I bet if there
was MX204 with 2xQSFP28 + 24-48xSFP+, sold attractively priced with BW
license, so that SFP+ as 1GE and sub would make sense, those would
sell really well.

We have recently started playing with MX204 and Junos Fusion, and that makes a really nice setup. With either EX4300 (for 1G) or QFX5100 (for 10G), you get a lot of ports and a great routing engine for a "decent" cost.

/Ola (T)