We're excited to add three new developers to the Jupyter team. Please join
us in welcoming Ian Rose, Grant Nestor, and Paul Ivanoff.

Ian Rose

is a post-doctoral scholar with Fernando Perez at the Berkeley Institute
for Data Science (BIDS) and a native of the Bay Area. Ian completed his PhD
at UC Berkeley in Earth and Planetary Science and his undergraduate
training in Geophysics at Yale University. Ian’s graduate studies were
focused on computational geodynamics, modeling the thermal, chemical, and
rotational evolution of Earth and other planetary bodies (see his profile
here: ian-r-rose.github.io/pages/about.html). He also developed software
for modeling the physics of planetary interiors, as well as for Earth
science education (check out ian-r-rose.github.io/interactive_earth)
<https://ian-r-rose.github.io/interactive_earth>. Ian will be working on
bringing real-time collaboration to Jupyter. Outside of work he enjoys
camping, backpacking, and road-trips with quixotic destinations.

Grant Nestor

is a business guy turned designer turned developer. He studied Business at
USC, worked in Business Development at Factual, worked in UX design at
Sparkwave, and is founder of Play Company (an app design/development studio
in LA). Grant started contributing to atom-notebook (an interface for
viewing and composing Jupyter Notebooks within the Atom text editor) last
year. He is now a full-time member of the Jupyter team and will be working
primarily on core maintenance of the notebook and ipywidgets projects.
Grant has worked on several side-projects including
github.com/gnestor/magic-console, speaks/consults about React, React
Native, and serverless architectures, and enjoys surfing, climbing, and
making music.

Paul Ivanoff

re-joined the Jupyter team as a Bloomberg devloper after spending several
years Disqus where he was part of a great backend and data team. Before
that, he spent six years (“mostly not working on my thesis at UC Berkeley”
he tells us) but instead contributing to to the scientific Python
ecosystem, especially matplotlib, IPython, and the IPython notebook. Paul
conveyed to us that “when Bloomberg reached out to me with a compelling
position to work on those open-source projects again from their SF office,
such a tremendous opportunity was hard to pass up. You could say Jupyter
has a large gravitational pull that's hard to escape!” We’re happy and
excited to have you back, Paul!

Welcome again, everyone & see you all on the GitHubs,
Jamie