Thanks Jeremy,

On 20 February 2018 at 16:41, Jeremy Ho <juj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Thank you for your response. For some background context, the notebooks
> will have access to sensitive data sources that we don't want to have
> leaving the notebooks, and we also don't want to have users can inserting
> their own content into the environment.
>

> Blocking copy and paste is one of the main features that we wish to
> achieve. Essentially, we would like to ensure that a JupyterHub notebook
> user is able to use and modify their notebooks at will normally (via
> typing, clicking and normal keystrokes), but disallow them from inserting
> or removing data to and from said notebooks via copy/paste. Additionally,
> we would like to prevent the the mouse right click or equivalent keyboard
> event as well.

I'm wondering if asking the users not to change the dataset might not be
better handled by changing data permission either on a file system on with
Read-Only credential.

> In the meantime, I will go ahead and take a look at inserting the
> Javascript example solution you have provided into the Jupyter Notebook
> image and evaluate if it meets our requirements. I will also experiment
> with additional Javascript code in that js file intercepting other events
> (equivalent to right click) in addition to Clipboard event. If you have any
> other ideas or suggestions, please let me know.

One additional feature you might want to do, for example to prevent
screenshot, is to blank the window when it loses focus.
I can't guarantied that any of these features can't be worked around though.
--
Matthias