Hello Jeremy.

Blocking copy and paste is one of the main features that we wish to
> achieve. Essentially, we would like to ensure that a JupyterHub notebook
> user is able to use and modify their notebooks at will normally (via
> typing, clicking and normal keystrokes),

When I write code, I normally copy&paste longer variable names. Or
functions I use more than once. Or import statements, where the path
remains the same and only the name at the end changes. Disabled copy&paste
would make me feel thrown back into the age of typewriters. Let's hope I'm
not representative of your user base, which will have to type out every
occurrence of every variable and function name, fully qualified.

> but disallow them from inserting or removing data to and from said
> notebooks via copy/paste. Additionally, we would like to prevent the the
> mouse right click or equivalent keyboard event as well.

This is to prevent users from looking at the HTML source? Make sure to
disable menu items that provide access to this feature, or that allow to
save the current page as HTML. The notebook edit page is probably not
stored in the browser cache, but you might want to double-check that.

The people that gave you these requirements are aware that users can still
type everything they read into a second computer, or make "screenshots"
with a mobile phone? Disabling copy&paste doesn't stop anyone from getting
data out of the system. It only makes that slightly more inconvenient,
while at the same time compromising convenience for the intended use of the
system as well. Folks who want to steal your data won't mind the extra
hurdle very much. But folks who have to work with the system on a daily
basis will.

cheers,
  Roland