Patrick Wright wrote:
> Hard to narrow it down, but
>
> Scala
> Kawa
> Pnuts
> Talc -
> F3   - such a good name :)

Yes -certainly better than the current marketing-chosen
name: "JavaFX Script".

> Re: Kawa, I'm specifically interested in the reusable language
> infrastructure that underlies it, which seems like a big plus--oddly
> enough, even used in one attempt for Perl on the JVM, see -
> http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn/writings/technical/thesis/node40.html for
> example. I think it's a good example of the sort of learn-and-share
> approach by language designers and developers which in the long run is
> as important, if not more important, than bragging right about how
> many languages run on the JVM.

We did consider using Kawa for the JavaFX Script compiler:
I did some preliminary porting, and Chris Oliver was in favor of
the idea, but we were overruled by management, who said we should
base it on javac.  (I'm not saying management was wrong in this -
while we could probably have progressed faster using Kawa, there
were good practical reasons for going the javac route.)
--
        --Per Bothner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://per.bothner.com/