Thanks, as far as I know my k9 client is configured to reach gmail via ssl/tls 
server so I should be reasonably safe. Do you think that adding a vpn would add 
more protection? Would this cause any problem with Gmail and perceived as an 
attack? 

Seth H Holmes <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Francesco L." <[email protected]> wrote:
>>I would like to know if it is safe to check and download my mail using
>>k9 
>>mail for my gmail account when accessing the net via open wifi access 
>>points (e.g. hotels, cafes and so on) when I'm abroad. In fact, k9
>mail
>>and 
>>gmail should connect via secure server, am I correct?
>>Otherwise, I should use a VPN and check gmail via android browser...
>>What do you think?
>>
>>-- 
>>-- 
>>You received this message because you are subscribed to the K-9 Mail
>>Users List.
>>To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
>>To unsubscribe, email [email protected]
>>To report an issue with K-9 Mail, visit
>>http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list
>>For more options, visit this group at
>>http://groups.google.com/group/k-9-mail
>>
>>--- 
>>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>Groups "K-9 Mail" group.
>>To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>an email to [email protected].
>>For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>Are you configured to use encryption? If so you are reasonably safe.
>
>Any open WiFi spot is a potential pitfall because even encrypted
>traffic can be captured and brute force hacked. Encryption will
>probably avoid hacks of opportunity. But of sometime is targeting you
>specifically, they just need patience.

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the K-9 Mail Users List.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, email [email protected]
To report an issue with K-9 Mail, visit 
http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/k-9-mail

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "K-9 
Mail" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to