Since auto-upgrading to 5.001 my exchange email account for work no longer 
functions.  I have full access at work and from home using Mozilla 
Thunderbird, but K-9 will not function.

Here are the settings that work in Thunderbird and are set in K-9 but don't 
work:
Security:  SSL/TLS
Port:  993
Authentication method:  Normal password
Username is in Domain\User format
Password has been re-entered 5 times with "Show Password" on so I can see 
it and know it's correct.  At work, I use a service called 
"IForgotMyPassWord" to show that my account is still active and not locked.

In K-9...
Auto-detect IMAP namespace:  enabled
IMAP path prefix is blank
Show only subscribed folders:  disabled
Use compression on network:  [x] Mobile [x] Wi-Fi] [x] Other
I've checked the IMAP server exactly matches that in Thunderbird.  For 
simplicity let's call it "mail.somewhere.domain".

All of these settings worked previous to the 5.001 upgrade.  Thunderbird 
never stopped working.  My account is fine and never locks.

In K-9 - Account Settings - Fetching mail - Incoming server, when I tap the 
Next button, it tries for exactly (timed) 30 seconds and the error comes 
back "Setup could not finish.  Cannot connect to server.  (Unable to 
connect.)"
I know that if I try unsuccessfully to authenticate 10 times in a row, my 
account will lock.  So, I tried connecting to the IMAP server 10 times. 
 Afterward, my account was still active and unlocked.  So, I know it's not 
even getting to the authentication stage.
When I use Thunderbird, it connects to mail.somewhere.domain just fine and 
gets my current email.  I delete a message from Thunderbird, I watch in 
Outlook at work, and the message disappears.  I delete it from Outlook, 
refresh Thunderbird, and the message disappears there as well.  K-9 is not 
connecting to mail.somewhere.domain at all.  Both are using Server Type = 
IMAP.

In K-9 I tried "Clear messages", "Recreate data", and "Clear pending 
actions".  I tried removing the account and re-adding it.  I can 
technically add the account, but it will not connect to the server.  I even 
tried to downgrade K-9, but something is preventing me from doing so. 
 Every time I try to install from the 4.903 apk it fails.  I suspect it's 
because 5.001 is still installed and something won't let me "upgrade" in 
reverse.  I'm afraid that if I uninstall 5.001, I'll lose all of the 
settings from my 5 other email accounts in the process, and my other 
preferences.

So, I mentioned I have 5 other email accounts configured in K-9 (and in 
Thunderbird).  Four of them use the same email service provider, and the 
last uses my company mail server, which I operate (it uses Dovecot).  Those 
5 accounts are still fully functional for both incoming and outgoing.  They 
all use IMAP, SSL/TLS, port 993 incoming, port 465 outgoing, and Normal 
Password authentication method, just like my work account.

Since I wiped my work account from K-9, I now have nothing on my phone for 
work.  I'm dead in the water.

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the K-9 Mail Users List.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, email [email protected]
To report an issue with K-9 Mail, visit 
http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/k-9-mail

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "K-9 
Mail" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to