Hmm, that feature works fine for me here on my tablet, at home using WiFi or at
my employer's using the personal use WiFi available for staff.

Possible that your mobile service provider is blocking ports or something that
your home internet connection doesn't?

The blurb about K-9 in Google Play lists this email for the developers:

k9mail.project+p...@gmail.com

Maybe that will help.

On February 25, 2018 11:32:35 AM HST, "Scott R." <scott0...@gmail.com> wrote:
>The only thing I found was this
>
>https://github.com/k9mail/k-9
>
>I had to dump the K9 app and not use it anymore. I went back to the
>default
>email app Android comes with for my Samsung phone. The only time K9
>worked
>correctly is when I was inside the place where I live and using in
>house
>WiFi. Once I left home and my phone was using my provider's service the
>app
>would stay in Sync Disabled mode all the time.
>
>On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 11:32:01 AM UTC-5, Scott R. wrote:
>>
>> Where can any of the developers of K9 be reached?
>>

>--

David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com
wandering the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.