Hello,

I have a problem where whatever setting I choose under Settings →
Notifications → Lock Screen Notifications (such as “Application name”,
“Message count and senders”, etc.) is ignored; K-9 notifications are always
the same regardless. This changes when I hide subject lines under Settings
→ Privacy → Hide subject in notifications, in which case my “Lock Screen
Notifications” setting is *still* ignored, but I get a different
notification instead.

The only “Lock Screen Notifications” setting that *does* work is “No lock
screen notifications”, which hides them as expected.

I’ve run a battery of tests, and here’s a table of the results for each
setting combination:

*Hide Subject OFF*

*No lock screen notifications:* [none]

*App name:*                             K-9 Mail · <recipi...@gmail.com>
                                              *<Sender Name>*
                                              <subject line>

*Unread count:*                        K-9 Mail · <recipi...@gmail.com>
                                              *<Sender Name>*
                                              <subject line>

*Message count and senders:* K-9 Mail · <recipi...@gmail.com>
                                              *<Sender Name>*
                                              <subject line>

*Same as unlocked:*                K-9 Mail · <recipi...@gmail.com>
                                              *<Sender Name>*
                                              <subject line>

*Hide Subjects ON*

*No lock screen notifications:* [none]

*App name:*                             K-9 Mail
                                              *<#> Unread
(<recipi...@gmail.com>)*
                                              New mail

*Unread count:*                        K-9 Mail
                                              *<#> Unread
(<recipi...@gmail.com>)*
                                              New mail

*Message count and senders:* K-9 Mail
                                              *<#> Unread
(<recipi...@gmail.com>)*
                                              New mail

*Same as unlocked:*                K-9 Mail
                                              *<#> Unread
(<recipi...@gmail.com>)*
                                              New mail

As it stands, my options are a) notifications that show everything (bad for
privacy),
or b) notifications that only show the number of unread emails in each
account’s inbox. I would prefer “Message count and senders”, if it worked;
that would tell me all I need to know without sensitive personal
information to a snoop.

I’m using K-9 Mail v5.403 (the latest as of this writing) on an Asus
Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL) with Android 8.0.

Does anyone else have this problem? And is there any way to fix it?

My thanks to anyone who replies.