Larry L <larry.lev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 10:03 AM Dmitry Alexandrov <321...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Larry L <larry.lev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...seems starting with the latest K9 release the funtion has changed.  Now
>>> when I delete a messages with the same settings above the messages no
>>> longer goes to the TRASH folder but now seem to be expunged right away
>>
>>> So to get back to that functionality for deleting a message and showing up
>>> in te TRASH folder on all devices till I delete from TRASH folder or run
>>> Expunge.  What settings should I be using?
>>
>> I am not aware about how K-9 is implemented (...), but generally deleting
>> and expunging messages over IMAP have nothing to do with folders with any
>> magic names like ‘TRASH’.  ‘Deleted’ mail is simply flagged as ‘\Deleted’,
>> but is still there (in the current folder) and could be undeleted, while
>> ‘expunged’ means really removed (again, from the current folder).

Okay, I skimmed over it, and in fact K-9 performs deleting on pressing
‘Delete’, only when you did not specify a trash folder where messages should be
moved instead.  So, addressing your specific issue, first check also the
current settings under ‘Account settings’ / ‘Folders’ / ‘Trash folder’.

> So to clarify this setting
>
> Erase Deleted messages on Server: Immediately.
>
> Is this the same and saying Expunge Messgages messages on Server: Immediatley
> after marking as deleted?

As far as I see, yes.

>> nothing prevents the IMAP server you use to execute your commands in another
>> way.  Moreover, it may be configurable on server side.  And, as far as
>> remember, Google Mail (...) _do_ have such settings.  They are also well
>> known for breaking old behaviour.  So maybe what you described was due to
>> some changes on the server rather than in user-agent?

This is still a valid guess though.  Did you take a look at them?