Same here, shortly after I installed 5.7 I realized the account overview
is gone. Basically it feels like I went back to the Gmail app. With over
15 accounts that overview is a must have and it was the reason that I
left Gmail behind in favor for K9.

So I switched quickly back to 5.6.

Looking at the code it appears 5.7 is a major update of K9. It appears
that it would be hard for the dev team to bring back the account
overview since the new layout style is based on the account pullout menu.

I consider to bring it back my self but I'm new to Android development.
So the learning curve is quite steep for me.

IMO the best improvement in 5.7 is the cleaned up settings menu. That is
rather cumbersome in 5.6.

Strategically the new UI direction seems to target broader user base,
providing a more familiar user interface to standard email users with
just a few accounts.

But this comes at the cost of leaving power users behind, which IMO is
currently a strong user base for K9.

Currently (5.6) K9 distinguishes itself from other clients through its
unique functionality and UI. When that is gone what will keep users with K9?

K9 != gmail  Yay   :-)

K9 == gmail  Buuh  ;-(

Well those are my thoughts on this
Martin