On 02/01/2018 12:50 AM, Dominik Ruf wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at the caching Kallithea does. And I'm a bit...baffled.

Yes, it is quite baffling and not very efficient.

I think it very rarely gives any real benefit - it might even make things slower. In real world setups with multiple repositories served by each worker process, cache hits are quite rare.

The way I understand it is that first an entry is made to CacheInvalidation to mark a cache invalid,

That is to register the in-memory cache in the database.

and later that entry is checked to decide if that cache should be invalidated.

That is to see if other process have invalidated the cache.

/Mads