Quoting Garrett Goebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> From: Garrett Goebel
> >
> > Is anyone interested in resurrecting KC Perl
> Mongers?
>
> Okay, since you ask... yes, I would.

I'm interested.

> > o  What days can't you do?
>
> Well weekends are flat out. In my book that includes
> Friday nights.

Pretty much the same for me...actually, we have lots going on here at our household,
so I can't say that one day is always going to be the best for me.

> > o  What is your zipcode?
>
> 66202.  Why do you wanna know?

66205. I'm walking distance from ScriptPro...

> > o  What is your maximum reasonable meeting commute?
>
> 20-30 minutes max, though I'd prefer less.

Due to an extremely busy schedule, the shorter the better. I guess that's true for
everyone though.

> > o  Name one or more topics you'd like covered
>
> Oh... I'd like to hear someone knowledgible talk about
> the various web
> templating systems: Axkit, Template::Toolkit,
> HTML::Mason, etc.  I think
> regular coverage of Object Oriented (OO) programming
> would be good. That and
> data persistence. I'd be wowed and awed to hear a
> lecture on Tangram and
> Alzabo. Or even POE. I'd also like to have regular
> monthly coverage of basic
> computer science topics.

I've built three major sites with Template-Toolkit...www.ucomics.com,
www.mycomicspage.com and www.upuzzles.com. That said, I'm far from an expert, but it
is the most useful Perl module in my "toolkit." I've built a very basic registration
system with Mason, but I haven't kept up with Mason since moving to Template-Toolkit.
Axkit...well, I played with it a year or so ago. Any experts out there?

I'd also like to hear a lecture on POE, OO and data persistence...Memoize or some of
the caching modules would be nice. CS topics would be cool too.

> > o  Consider offering a topic or book review you'd be
> willing to present

See above...though I'm not the world's greatest lecturer, nor can I guarantee that I
can put together a lecture on anything but long-term notice.

> I could present the problem and hopefully solution to
> calculating the
> optimal meeting location based on the latitude and
> longitude of meeting
> attendees. That's why you're asking for zipcodes and
> commutes isn't it?

> I'd also be willing to do semi-regular coverage of
> basic Object Oriented
> programming concepts.

I think your the expert on that :)

> > o  Anything else worth mentioning?
>
> Yes. Where can we meet? Can anyone suggest locations?
> I'll check with my
> employer and see if I can't arrange for a conference
> room once a month.

ScriptPro would be excellent for me...don't know about the others. I'll try and think
of alternative locations.

--
doug sparling - uclick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]