[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I want to know where all i have to make entries in the source code of
> linux so that while building the Linux kernel i can include my device
> driver in the kernel.
>
> 1. Where I have to write Makefile so that make utility can know to
> execute this Makefile. This Makefile is required for to create
> node.   /dev/<mydev>

Kernel building != kernel installation. So put entries on
your installation script.

BTW no Makefile should create automatically devices on /dev.
User should always explicitly allow them (i.e. a not default
'make dev').

> 2. Where i have to put my device driver source code.

drivers/*
(check the sources of other drivers)

or also outside kernel sources.

> 3. Where i have to make entry so that "make Xconfig" can have this
> entry so that while configuring kernel it should appear.

The file is Config.in
Check in drivers/* to see how the other drivers are included.

> More over Still where and what entier i have to make in the source file
> to statically include my device driver in the kernel.

Check the sources of other drivers. Read documentations,...
[The question is too generic, but the answer is surelly
correct :-)]

Check http://www.kernelnewbies.org/ for more help.

        giacomo