On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 02:21:11PM -0600, Kai Germaschewski wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Peter Samuelson wrote:
>
> > The idea was that [M] is printed whenever a new module is born.
> > (M) means a module is in progress.
What people will see is that sometimes (M) is used sometimes [M].
That will confuse most people, keep it simple.

But on the other hand I like [M] on the LD command.
This allows me to see that foo.o is a module, something that I could not
see before.
It breaks the philosofy that this is a subset of the verbose output,
but why not improve it when there is a good reason.

        Sam