https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525270

            Bug ID: 525270
           Summary: Project Settings: no visual preview of orientation
                    (landscape/portrait) when choosing a resolution
    Classification: Applications
           Product: kdenlive
      Version First unspecified
       Reported In:
          Platform: Other
                OS: Other
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: wishlist
          Priority: NOR
         Component: User Interface & Miscellaneous
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: ---

Created attachment 195813
  --> https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=195813&action=edit
Sample html file preview for the video size

DESCRIPTION
My name is Sabaoon. I have been experiencing this problem where I would enter a
dimension in the video settings but I would be unsure about how the video would
look. For this, I needed something which would also give me a preview. What I
am sharing is a simple HTML file with a preview. What I am showing is that when
we
click on an item in the size list, we get an instant preview on the right. This
will make it easier to know if the chosen size is landscape or portrait.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Open Project Settings
2. Click through different resolutions in the profile list (e.g. Full HD 1080
vs. a vertical/social preset)
3. Try to tell landscape from portrait using only the text shown (e.g. "1080 x
1920 (9:16)")

OBSERVED RESULT
Only text values are shown (frame size, ratio, fps, etc.), there is no
graphical indication of orientation, so you have to mentally parse the numbers
to know whether a preset is landscape, portrait, or square.

EXPECTED RESULT
A small proportional shape preview updates automatically next to the frame-size
info when a resolution is selected, showing landscape/portrait/square at a
glance without having to read the numbers.

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Operating System: Windows 1

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to