https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=524098

--- Comment #9 from [email protected] ---
Hi,
There are two issues here. I tested and agree that bug 524354 (CapsLock toggled
prematurely) is able to be produced in Mutter with Gnome; I wrote another
comment in that bug explaining the issue more clearly to try and separate it
from this one. This bug bug 5124098 (capslock getting stuck) is not able to be
reproduced in Gnome. Without your patch in merge 9913, If I follow the exact
steps listed in this bug, CapsLock gets stuck, I cannot turn it off with a
quick double press. I tried many times very quickly on two computers, and the
CapsLock is stuck on and cannot be disabled.
Steps I followed without your patch: Press CapsLock, release it, press it
quickly again and press t with it held down. CapsLock is on and it is jammed
on. 
I can try to compile Kwin with your patch to see if it resolves the stuck
CapsLock (this bug) on my end. If you are able to double press to turn off
CapsLock after following the above steps with your patch, it should be applied,
because it would fix this bug even if bug 524354 is not fixed and requires
future investigation. This bug is much more critical because the CapsLock state
is jammed on. Bug 524354 can be worked around by toggling CapsLock once this
bug is fixed and CapsLock no longer jams.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to