https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525986

            Bug ID: 525986
           Summary: Make rectangular-selection mouse modifiers
                    configurable
    Classification: Applications
           Product: konsole
      Version First unspecified
       Reported In:
          Platform: Other
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: wishlist
          Priority: NOR
         Component: copy-paste
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: ---

DESCRIPTION
As I understand, Ctrl-Alt-Left Drag is hardcoded as the only way to do block
selection (e.g.
https://discuss.kde.org/t/change-shortcut-for-copy-block-in-konsole/28883). It
would be amazing to be able to customize the shortcut, so it doesn't conflict
with higher layers; for instance, I use Sway wm with Alt captured as the
modifier, so the event won't even make it to konsole.
Modern terminal UIs seem to more frequently write indented output, perhaps
inspired by coding agent harnesses like claude-code and codex, making block
selection quite valuable.

In terms of addressing this, for instance, Settings > Configure Keyboard
Shortcuts could expose the setting, but the exact implementation doesn't
matter. Even exposing via a text config would be a great  first step.

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
I believe this is a general state.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
N/A

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to