https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525972

--- Comment #7 from H <[email protected]> ---
Created attachment 196600
  --> https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=196600&action=edit
Debug file

Hi Maik,

I have an interesting update.

After your request for a DebugView log, I enabled digiKam's internal debug
logging and restarted digiKam, as required for the setting to take effect.

Before that restart, I could reliably reproduce the problem described in this
report:

* confirming a face made it disappear temporarily from Unknown,
* but it did not remain confirmed under the selected person,
* it reappeared as Unconfirmed / Unknown,
* and metadata synchronization could also bring it back to the Unconfirmed
state.

However, after restarting digiKam with debug logging enabled, the behavior
unexpectedly changed.

I did not intentionally change any other relevant digiKam setting. I kept the
same version (digiKam 9.1.0) and the same face-recognition settings.

After the restart I was able to confirm a large number of previously
unconfirmed face suggestions. They remained correctly assigned to the people,
and metadata synchronization from database to image metadata no longer moved
them back to Unconfirmed.

I continued this process for a substantial number of faces. The Unknown count
went from approximately 880 to 732, and the newly confirmed faces remained
confirmed after synchronization.

This is particularly interesting because the same workflow had been failing
before the restart.

The debug log also appears to show that, after confirmation, digiKam commits
face matrix data for the corresponding identity and reloads/trains the face
classifier. In other words, the newly confirmed faces appear to be entering the
training data normally.

At this point I cannot say what actually fixed the problem. The only obvious
change was restarting digiKam after enabling internal debug logging. I
therefore do not want to claim that the bug is fixed; rather, the problem has
become non-reproducible in the current session.

I am attaching the DebugView log from the session.

Would you like me to try to reproduce the original failure again, for example
by restarting digiKam once more or by performing the same
confirmation/synchronization sequence on additional faces?

Thank you,
György Honti

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to