https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525441

--- Comment #1 from goebbe <[email protected]> ---
The described issue was the result of a permission problem. 
Apparently, by default,  X11 is not allowed in recent flathub builds. 
As a result the described issue appeared on Linux Mint Cinnamon (GTK, X11).
Background: Linux Mint is one of the Linux distributions that still defaults to
X11. 

I had similar issues with other kde/qt apps from Flathub (Okular,Xournal++) -
for each of these apps, the error messages have been completely different, when
I tried to launch the apps.
As a consequence it took me quite some time to even discover that the issues
were caused by missing permission. 
I wish the flatpaks would warn the user about missing permissions.

To fix my issue I had to provide the necessary permissions to Kate: 
The following command provides access to X11: 
flatpak override --user --share=ipc --socket=x11 org.kde.kate

After execution of this command, Kate starts and runs as expected:
faltpak run org.kde.kate

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to